I pretty much knocked last years resolutions out of the park. Lets do a quick review for fun.
1. Refrain from using the snooze button- I had a little late December relapse, but I'm recovered, I swear.
2. Run at least 6 races- I got a little race registration happy and ended up with 12 road races and 2 obstacle course races.
3. Track what I eat and when I work out- I was diligent with this for the first half of the year and saw the results I wanted. I haven't been tracking as closely, but am thinking of doing a month redo just to refresh what I learned.
4. Knit something new- It took till November but success! I knitted my first ever dog bow tie!
5. Travel somewhere new- Lots of domestic travel to visit lots of friends, a good year.
6. Be friendlier to strangers- I struck up several New Year's related conversations today.
Ok, out with the old, in with the new!
Honestly I'm struggling with resolutions this year. I'm pretty happy with where I am and am not sure if my resolutions are more just goals or plans, but anyway here are some things I can work on in 2013.
1. Run a marathon, specifically Marine Corps Marathon with (or a half hour behind) my oldest sister Kristen.
|only 23.1 additional miles necessary|
2. Volunteer, somewhere. anywhere. Since moving to DC I haven't done anything (I know shameful). I'm thinking of seeing if I could help out the DC State Fair. I would also like to volunteer at a running race.
3. Get outside more. Including hiking/biking/and just walking around during daylight ours. I don't think I've been getting enough vitamin D the last few months, which makes me more tired and lazy and its no good.
|maybe not ALL day hikes|
4. Continue to make an effort to see my scattered friends in scattered places. I already have a friend's wedding on the calendar in February.
|photo booths were the rage of 2012, I wonder what 2013 will bring?|
5. Take my lunch to work once a week. Its not about money, its not about health, it may be a little about time, and its all about pushing myself to be creative and resourceful.
|this dish was delicious, why haven't I made it again?|
6. See a play at Studio Theater and or the Kennedy Center. The Kennedy Center is Iconic, the Studio Theater is around the block from my apartment. I was pretty good about seeing musicals and plays in NYC, I need to revive my habit in DC.
|not the best show, but delightful|
7. Spend a lot of time with this little kid. I'm not sure when I'm going back to Missouri this year, but I need to make sure it happens. (Apparently today she was looking for me in the bedroom I stayed in last week, I wasn't hiding from you! I'm back in DC!)