15 February 2011

Life size Ken dolls? yes please

Yesterday after work I walked up through Time's Square with a friend. I was engrossed in telling a story when all of the sudden what do we see, but two well dressed and groomed men taking pictures with people. Ken? I was a big Barbie and Ken fan as a child and having 2 older sisters we had enough Barbies for a large party but only three or so Ken dolls (and being completely honest here, one of my Kens was really MC Hammer, parachute pants, rat tail, microphone, and cassette tape included). Kens were hard to come by (really they just weren't as much fun- no hair to brush and no fancy dresses). I walk around to the other side of the display and what do I see? Human Ken Dolls! I was a little excited. Then I realized that I couldn't take one home with me. I picked up my story where I left off and we continued to walk through Time's Square oblivious to the lights, crowds, and commotion.

Beach date Ken & Winter date Ken

7 comments:

  1. Winter date Ken looks like fun. But I agree there was never really a need for more than one Ken doll apiece when we were kids, although I might have been a little jealous of your MC Hammer doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really made my day. What? No NKOTB dolls? We had Joey and Danny. But I really wanted the Jordan doll. But he was really hard to get...

    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never a big NKOTB fan (but that is just like Jordan, playing hard to get)... I'm wondering if my MC Hammer Ken doll means I played with barbies for a few years longer than the rest of my peer group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They didn't want to go home with you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen- ken dolls were always hard to get out of the box! They were handing out these tags so I could make any man my ken (cue eye rolling)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you end up tagging anyone? I threw mine out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't tag anyone.. but its hanging in my cubicle

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome!