17 January 2011

Boskke Sky Planter

My sister got me a classy topsy turvy for Christmas... well that is what I've been calling it. It really is a Boskke Sky Planter, made by some guy from New Zealand. It really is cool. It can hang from the ceiling or as my sister got me a wall mount that is where I hung mine. The instructions all showed a developed plant, but as they didn't expressly say that you couldn't start from seeds I thought I would give it a try (I just don't have random extra plants sitting around). They suggested planting parsley. I flipped through my seed packets and to my surprise I saw chinese parsley, "perfect" I thought. Well it turns out that chinese parsley is cilantro's other name. I planted it anyway.

temporary planting station
the bottom has a little mesh piece and then a locking disc, so far the dirt is staying in
the top has a clay water reservoir that gradually waters the plant and only needs filled occasionally
mounted on the wall near the window
nothing growing yet

3 comments:

Comments are awesome!