28 January 2013

Mushrooms and Sweet Potatoes

The best part of the 14 day challenge has been trying new recipes and cooking more elaborate meals at home. Also taking my lunch to work has been great (especially since this last week the temperature didn't rise above freezing).

Two of my favorite this week were from a class handout "Meals for Four under $15" from Whole Foods health starts here. I'm not sure these "meals" will fill four bellies, but by combining two of the meals, Rustic Stuffed Mushrooms and Cajun Sweet Potatoes, I did eat for four delicious meals.

 photo IMG_0195.jpg

The mushrooms are stuffed with pecans, garlic, parsley, almond butter, green onions, and Tamari (I substituted with soy sauce).

 photo IMG_0192.jpg

The sweet potatoes are coated with lime juice, almond butter, cajun spice, and parsley.


6 comments:

  1. The mushrooms look really good. The sweet potatos too but I might miss not cooking those with a little oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks AMAZING! I LOVE stuffed mushrooms! I just found your blog through Leanna's and I'm a new follower! I'm a runner too and just moved to DC about 3 weeks ago! I love your DC list! I run the Mt. Vernon Trail every weekend and want to take a trip to Mt. Vernon in spring time, biking there would be awesome! The Newseum is definitely on my list too! Can't wait to read more <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Thanks for stopping by. DC is a great running town.

      Delete
  3. That looks delicious! I've been wanting to try my hand at making stuffed mushrooms and that sounds like a really good recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuffed mushrooms are so much easier than I imagined they would be.

      Delete

Comments are awesome!