22 November 2009

Biking to Randall's Island

Today I had a touch football game on Randall's Island. Randall's Island is pretty challenging to get to if you don't have a car, no matter where you live. Last time I took the subway and it took me over an hour to get there, so this week I decided to see how biking it would work. Took me about 40 minutes to go the 4.5 miles. The trip along Vernon Blvd was very nice- a well defined bike lane and little traffic. It got a bit trickier approaching the bridge, but not bad. The Triborough however had lots of stairs up and down, it looked like they were fixing the path, but still keeping the stairs. Over all not a bad ride... feeling a bit sore now, but I'll blame that on the two months since I last rode my bike.

Where I started. The really tall building on the left (tallest building in Queens) is about the distance south... but I started more towards the water to the right.

Triborough (or Robert F. Kennedy for those that believe in name changes)


Where I'm headed

This much further to go

USA Rugby. I caught a scrum, but not with the camera, these guys looked pretty tough from the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome!