14 March 2012

Pat Green 9:30 Club

Last week I saw one of my favorite Texas Country singers in concert at the 9:30 club. It was a beautiful warm evening so I put on a dress with cowgirl boots and walked the mile to the venue, which wasn't much to look at from the outside:


The only way I found the venue was by following massive groups of men and women in plaid shirts.

The opening act was the Josh Abbott Band, which I really enjoyed. I didn't really know who they were, but ended up knowing some of their songs. 


Next up was Pat Green. He put on a good show, but we realized that he is pretty full of himself and clearly targets the younger crowd. 

Not sure what he would do if he played in front of a crowd who couldn't sing his songs for him.


Even so, the night was very refreshing. Packed in a room with hundreds of people in cowboy boots all singing the same song. Made me think of way back Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome!