01 December 2011

Thanksgiving around town

After stuffing ourselves full with turkey (and gravy, potatoes, beans, pie, squash, chex mix, etc) we did a little walking and hanging out around town.

On Friday we skipped the mega stores with mega sales and headed to Georgetown for some browsing.

My sister Beth and my Mom on the Potomac

On Saturday I hosted the family (16 people!) for brunch at my apartment. As I was staying at my Uncle & Aunt's house it was a bit rushed preparing, but all went pretty smooth. I was too busy to remember to take photographic proof that a few people can fit in my apartment.

We then headed down to the White House and split up. My group headed to the Postal Museum, one of the lesser known Smithsonian Museums.
Tada! It's located across from Union Station

My Aunt Sue wanted to visit the museum ever since she saw a postage stamp about Owney the postal dog.

My cousin Matthew and Aunt Sue with Owney

Lucky for us they stuffed and preserved Owney.


Overall the Postal Museum was well done. They had the history of mail service, protection of the mail, transportation of mail, stamp history and unique stamps. The best part was it wasn't crowded!

We also stopped by the Capitol Building to say hello.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome!