07 June 2010

Meet me in St. Louis


Meet me in St. Louis, Louis,
Meet me at the fair,
Don't tell me the lights are shining
any place but there;
We will dance the Hoochee Koochee,
I will be your tootsie wootsie,
If you will meet in St. Louis, Louis,
Meet me at the fair.

Now I knew some really cool things came out of the 1904 world's fair, but along with learning a few additional facts about the fair I learned that St. Louis... it has been over 100 years, you may want to have a few newer things to talk about in your tourist materials...

A few facts:

Things invented at the fair: Ice cream cones, Ice tea, hot dogs, hamburgers
Things introduced and popularized at the fair: Dr Pepper, cotton candy, fruit icicle

I spent the last weekend in St. Louis (to help celebrate my friend Katie's marriage, more to come later) and enjoyed some of the modern day attractions of St.Louis.

Me and Jack Buck calling the game
I know what you are thinking... "that's no Kauffman stadium"
View from our hotel room
Citygarden- a cool fountain and statue park in downtown
I've been on a bunny kick lately
Looking for the main star of downtown? My friend the arch is coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome!