30 May 2008

Chilling with the rich and famous

Wednesday night after eating at Shake Shack in Madison Square Park with Carrie we headed up third avenue to find this hardware store the creepy guy at Home Depot advised Carrie to check out. The hardware store didn't have what she was looking for, but we had passed the "Rodeo Bar" on the way and decided to check it out. We got a spot at the bar and just chilled. The decor was country but the juke box and the crowd didn't exactly have the same feel (we were after all still in NYC). I had my back to the door and telling a story when Carrie interrupts me with "that's Keanu Reeves"..... noooooo way!!!!! It was. He apparently knew the people in the band that was playing that night and sat in the opposite room right in front of us. Soon the bar was buzzing with excitement that Keanu was there. I timed a bathroom visit so I got to walk right by him. I timed wrong and didn't catch him in the stairwell, but oh well! I can confirm he is a smoker, he likes ribs, and he plays drums with his silverware. The band however was really weird- rockabilly. My proof of the evening, however blurry, grainy, and distant, is below... I did have to remain cool and discreet ; )

On Thursday I strolled down 5th avenue after work. After a little shopping I continued on towards home only to find the Giants Football team going into Tiffany's to receive their Super Bowl rings. Below is further evidence that I shouldn't quit my job and join the paparazzi. What can I say those football players are quick!

Today while getting ready for work I heard the folks on Good Morning America telling me that Usher was going to be performing in Bryant Park. I altered my morning commute a tad bit to walk by the park and stop and enjoy some of Usher's amazing moves. Usher is the man in white with his arms raised.

Also while walking to work this morning I had to rush across first avenue as the sirens sounding of approaching fire trucks and police cars... I didn't think much of it, because honestly there are always sirens going off, but when I got to work I saw the news alert that another crane had collapsed. This crane is much closer to my apartment. I could see the cranes picking up the damage from 79th street and first tonight as I walked home. One crane= fluke, two cranes=starting to worry, but they are hard to avoid.

5 comments:

  1. i can imagine the scenario when you said these athletes 'really move fast'. it made me laugh. thank you for making my day.

    i think i would have laughed (again)if i saw keanu reeves playing drums - with his silverware! lol...
    yeah, too bad photo's a bit grainy. is that a date with him? or a shadow of something? (right...too dark and grainy...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should practice your paparazzi skills on non famous people so next time you run across someone famous you'll have a picture so clear you could sell it to people magazine.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keanu was with several people but none of them really seemed to be a girlfriend. One girl was in the band and married to the drummer and most of the other ladies he was talking to were a lot older.

    Kristen- I will try that, but I hope people won't think I am stalking them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! thanks for replying about whether or not mr reeves came with a date. i am sure that since you posted your blog, A LOT of people became very interested to know...

    seems to me like you have a knack for being at the right place and time for celebrity sighting, so, yeah, it could be worth to give your photographic skills a little more honing.

    good luck and thanks for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd probably have the same reaction as your friend if i saw keanu reeves lol. pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome!