02 March 2013

The rest of Phoenix

My friend picked up me up at the resort and we cruised down to downtown Scottsdale. I hadn't realized that Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe were all part of the same metro/valley area, but alas they are.

We parked and walked around a bit. There were a lot of jewelry stores and they were all having sales (or fake sales) and they all had jewelry made by Navajos. One store tried to sell Kandyce a seed beaded necklace for $1,200... I did purchase a simple turquoise (Navajo made) necklace from one of the stores, but only spent $30.

The weather was again gorgeous.

 photo IMG_2020_zps04a34e8d.jpg
Scottsdale
We had a late lunch at In-N-Out burger. It was my first time. The burger and milkshake was delicious. I didn't really care for the fries, but I ate most of them anyway.

 photo IMG_2022_zpsc6bbcd79.jpg
dining outside

My tour continued around ASU's campus in Tempe and then downtown Phoenix and then we had a chill evening meeting up with some other friends.

Monday morning we headed back to Tempe to run along lake Tempe. Its a manmade lake with a great multipurpose trail along the side. It was a great way to get 4 miles in and enjoy running in shorts one last time.

Then it was time to head back to the airport. Kandyce suggested I grab lunch at Sauce before I hit security. It was delicious. The crust was very cracker like.

 photo photo_zps8e25d749.jpg
i'm on a fungi kick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome!