03 December 2009

Hill Country BBQ

I don't usually write about places I eat for a few reasons: 1. I don't eat out that much 2. The amount of restaurants in NYC overwhelms me 3. I like food, but I can't really describe why I like a certain food and finally4. There are a lot of food blogs out there and they do a pretty darn good job.

But while Matt was in town I took him to Hill Country BBQ a place modeled after a Texas BBQ in the vicinity of Austin and well Matt is a Texan from the vicinity of Austin. I had been there once before and thought it was a good experience

My first time I got the brisket and man it was good. This time both Matt and I got the BBQ beef sandwich. I didn't think it was quite as good, but who can refuse a huge mason jar of Diet Coke? The Coke was very delicious (oh yes fountain soda can go very bad). The way this establishment works is you get a ticket (card) when you come in. Then you go to the carvery station and get your meat, next to the side station and get some sides, there is also a drinks and dessert station, but your lovely waitress will also get those for you. As you acquire food they mark it on your card, which you present at the cashiers upfront to pay on your way out.

All the sides look pretty good, I got green bean casserole (b/c we didn't have any for Thanksgiving) and Matt got creamed corn. I think we were both satisfied with our sides. For dessert- two scoops of blue bell.... yummm.




There is also a bigger space downstairs where they host bands. I haven't been there for a band yet, but I may give it a try. I hear they have live band karaoke....

3 comments:

  1. I know what I'm getting you for x-mas. I set of mason jars for your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if you hook me up with a diet coke fountain machine...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome!