31 January 2009

A NYC Target

A lot of the conversations I have with people living other places about New York City revolve around how ordinary life is accomplished in city. "Are there churches, how do you go grocery shopping, where do you wash your clothes, etc..." So last weekend when I went to Target in the Bronx I took some pictures. I took the cross town M79 bus to the uptown 1 train. There were several stops but soon I arrived at 225th street, just across the Harlem river into Marble Hill, Bronx, New York City, New York, USA. (Actually this area is/was part of Manhattan. In 1895 the Harlem shipping channel was created cutting this area off from Manhattan. It remains politically part of Manhattan, but the zip code and area codes correspond with the Bronx.) When I got off the train there was a stand alone Applebees, Target, and several other chain stores. I get most of my day to day necessities at Duane Reade, which is like a Walgreens, but every once in awhile I miss Target and feel like I owe it a visit.

Subway platform at 225 Street

View up the street from the platform. McDonalds on the left.

View of the Harlem River through the walkway.


Target and Marshalls... and a Parking Lot!



Applebees.



1 comment:

  1. A fun day in the city. I also enjoyed reading about the park in the Bronx.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome!