23 July 2008

The Cloisters, Ft. Tyron Park, Inwood, The Heights

I wondered and hiked a bit Sunday morning before the heat got to me. I went up to the top tip of Manhattan for my first time. It is really hilly up there and Ft. Tyron Park was really nice; more of a hiking park than a strolling park. The Cloisters are in the park... but I didn't end up going in due to a $20 entrance fee. I strolled around Inwood and the Heights a bit too, but wasn't too impressed... the streets were a bit dirtier, well everything was a bit dirtier, except for one area by the park and along the Hudson river where there were really nice condos overlooking the river.
The George Washington Bridge over the Hudson River
Part of the cloisters

Some German looking condos near the park and river
A funky church in the Heights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome!